Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Sunday, March 8, 2015

Blog 1420


If you are reading this, you are reading blog number 1420.  I have now posted 1420 times on this site.  Over the last year or so, my daily blogs have generally received somewhere between 30 and 50 views each.  A few of my blogs have surged far beyond that.  My landscape photographs tend to be the most consistently popular.

I am humbled to note that I have a few somewhat devoted followers.  Over the last couple of years, I have also noticed that somewhere near 1/5th of my blog views originate from Russia (or at least a server from there).

Interesting.

I cannot accurately put into words what posting 1420 blogs feels like.  Instead, I am posting a photograph of footprints disappearing into the surface of melting ice.  That’s pretty close to what my blogging feels like.  I took the photograph a couple years ago and have posted it previously.  Sorry, for that repetition.

Mostly, thank you for walking alongside me for a bit.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations for staying on course and thank you for sharing your work and thoughts. Blogging makes for a closer community of our world and magically transports us to places we've never been to, including those between the ears. Again, my kudos to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Ariel Murphy. I wish had your editing skills!

    ReplyDelete