Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Monday, March 2, 2015

The Doorbell Works In Both Directions


My two cats freak-out when the doorbell rings.  My friend, Kevin, particularly enjoys watching the cats scramble to hide at the sound of the bell.  If Kevin notices one or both of the cats lazing in the sun near the window when he walks up to the door, he will peer in as he rings the bell so he can watch a cat explosion.

Kevin stopped in yesterday, but was unable to ring the bell because I saw him and opened the door before he reached it.  After visiting with me for a while he said good-bye and headed for the door.  “I missed my chance at scaring the cats,” he groused.

After closing the door, Kevin poked the doorbell button several times and filled my house with: bing-bong-bing-bong-bing-bong-bing-bong!

A parting shot at my 40 pounds of housecat.

--Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment