Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Monday, March 16, 2015

Mr. Criminal


I captured a really nasty criminal in my dream last night.  The bad guy, Mr. Criminal, was waving a pistol all around a busy delicatessen and threatening to “put holes” in everyone.  I managed to save the day by lunging at Mr. Criminal and wresting free the pistol.  After I turned the pistol on Mr. Criminal, I asked some bystanders to “call the cops.”   At that point, I said to Mr. Criminal: “There are only two people in this world I don’t like…and you’re one of them!”

I said that to Mr. Criminal, and it rings like a great movie line, but I don’t know what it means.

To further invalidate the authenticity of the above snippet from my dream, I must confess that only an instant before I captured Mr. Criminal, I was at the edge of an outdoor basketball court trying to play basketball, but the ball would not dribble and my knee-high socks were continually sliding down around my shoes.  An instant after capturing Mr. Criminal I was exploring an empty bomb shelter.

--Mitchell Hegman

4 comments:

  1. Good story, dream. That's a great dream. Sounds like you were getting out of each situation but not the way you wanted
    Active mind that nite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like an anxiety dream. Like you were able to conquer some anxiety but then you were out of control?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, Anna, I am easily distracted by shiny objects. My mind tends to bounce all over when awake or asleep!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Might well be an element of anxiety in there, Lauren. I did not sleep well that night. No serious anxiety, mind you. Just a busy schedule at the moment. The basketball/sock thing was really odd.

    ReplyDelete