Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Note to “That Girl”


You have been gone since Valentine’s Day and I have missed you.  I think I have been living in solitude for the whole time since then.  I think that is the correct term.  I have not been edging around the bottomless pits of loneliness.  I have not felt the sharp points of despair probing at me.     
Solitude, I think.
    
I am all framing and no finish without you.
I am a coat without buttons.
My elevator is stuck on the first floor.

Do you remember the night that I planted a single kiss on your bare shoulder?
Can we start at that place again?

--Mitchell Hegman

3 comments:

  1. Nice love call. Should work especially if you were to use a big jet plane. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm. I do recall the "big jet plane!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww you need to go on a trip and soon. Like Ariel says a big jet plane would work.

    ReplyDelete