Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Saturday, August 25, 2018

Paint Chip


I will begin by admitting I named the chipmunk living near the door of my cabin “Chip.”   In fact, I will go so far as to admit that I name every chipmunk I see Chip.
Not very original, but the chipmunks don’t seem to mind.
Yesterday, I painted a sheet of plywood just outside my cabin door.  While allowing the first coat to dry for a bit, I placed my paint pan on the ground (partially covering the roller and pan with a plastic bag).  I even recall thinking to myself: Nothing will bother with that.
Now, please examine the photograph I have posted.  What you see are Chip’s tiny paw prints on the concrete pad just outside my cabin door.
So, if you happen to see a white chipmunk in your travels over the next few days, I think I can explain that.
  --Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment