Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Saturday, August 4, 2018

Please, Don’t Molest the Bison

I see on the front page of our local newspaper where a man from Oregon was arrested for harassing a bison in Yellowstone Park a few days ago.   The man, Raymond Reinke, appeared in a video that went viral shortly after the bison incident.  Several of my Facebook friends posted the video.  In the video, Reinke clambers out of a vehicle and “challenges” a bison on the roadway.
Let’s put this in perspective.  Challenging bison is stupid.  There is your perspective.
The first time I watched the video, I found myself yelling at the bison on my computer screen: “Get that dumb bastard!”
I was hoping the bison would charge the man and flick him up into a tree where he might remain for all eternity.
Apparently, Reinke has a habit of stupid.  He was arrested for being drunk and disorderly in Grand Teton National Park three days prior “challenging” a bison on a roadway in Yellowstone.  While in Yellowstone National Park, the vehicle in which he was riding was pulled over for a traffic violation.  Reinke, took it upon himself to be argumentative with the officer involved and ended up with a citation for not wearing his seat belt.
Good work right there.
In the days following the scuffle in Yellowstone, Reinke was involved in an argument with another man in in the Many Glacier Hotel at Glacier National Park.
Officials finally took Reinke into custody after the altercation in Glacier Park.
I am still wishing the bison would have exacted justice on him.
I have posted the infamous bison video below.
--Mitchell Hegman
Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqqgeZzSBPY 

No comments:

Post a Comment