Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Monday, August 20, 2018

Refrigerator Art


I’m not certain how this happened, but somehow the household refrigerator has become a repository for the works of nearly all budding artists.  To point, every house I visit displays, on the resident refrigerator, crayon drawings or finger paintings produced by children related in some manner to the occupants of the house.
Last week, I traveled from Butte to Helena in a vehicle along with my nephew’s two daughters.  One of the girls had brought along several coloring books and an assortment of colored pens, pencils, and markers.
Naturally, I asked if I could color something from one of the books.  As we wended our way through the mountains separating the two cities, I colored away using some plump markers that smelled like various fruits associated with their colors.  Yellow was banana scented.  Red smelled of strawberries. 
Once I finished with my coloring, I jotted down my name and then added my age (which seems important for such art).
Yesterday, I discovered that my art had somehow landed on my sister’s refrigerator.
Today, I proudly share my coloring with everyone.



 --Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment