Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Wood Lathe


Yesterday, while passing through the power tool section of a hardware store, I came upon a wood lathe on display.
I stopped and looked the lathe over.
Way back in my days of high school wood shop, I thought having a wood lathe would be a pretty cool retirement thing.  I imagined myself turning out all kinds of fancy widgets in a small hobby shop.
After staring at the price tag on the lathe for a second, I walked away and purchased a paintbrush instead.
Paintbrush: the new cool!
--Mitchell Hegman

2 comments:

  1. I have similar thoughts every time I watch YouTube videos of lathe turned bowls and assorted weirdness made from things like Fordite, which I have some bizarre need to own. Then I look at the 5 spinning wheels in my studio and laugh and laugh because One More Hobby would surely get me in loads of trouble.

    ReplyDelete