Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Monday, October 21, 2019

The Void


I am in something of a void.  It’s weird place.  A bustling place.  All Windows and sunshine at the moment.
You know this void as Hong Kong.  Well, more specifically the Hong Kong airport.
I slept in the sky to get here.  We pretty much descended from the sky just as the sun cleared the horizon to reveal mountains and water right below us.  The Asian dude with broken English seated next to me showed me how to access a forward-looking camera mounted on the tail of the craft.  We watched live video of our landing sent to the monitors mounted to the seats in front of us.  I really enjoyed that.
I gave the dude a piece of gum as reward.
After bumping into a few walls and some false starts inside the concourse I managed to find my way to a charge station and a rough idea of where I am headed.  
I am here on another long layover before my last jump to Manila.
One more hop.  And, if all goes well, Desiree will be there to greet me and make sure I don’t bump into more walls or lose my luggage.

Hong Kong Airport

Hong Kong Airport

Desiree
—Mitchell Hegman

2 comments: