Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Sunday, October 20, 2019

A Lost Day


I am about to lose an entire day.
I am boarding a plane in Helena, Montana, this afternoon.  A two-hour flight will land me in Seattle.  After a nine-hour layover in Seattle, I will jump off the edge of North America and fly across the Pacific Ocean.  Somewhere, about halfway across the Pacific, the aircraft will cross the International Date Line and I will instantly lose 12 hours.  At the end that flight (a bit over 13 hours) I land at Hong Kong.
Another 9-hour layover awaits me there.
From Hong Kong I will fly to the Philippines on a flight of something a bit over 2 hours in length.   
Put simply, I am Leaving Helena, Montana, at 4:00 this afternoon, Sunday, October 20, 2019.  After a series of flights and layovers (and the passage of 36 hours), I will touch down in Manila at 4:00 in the afternoon on Tuesday, October 22, 2019.
I will never see the light of day for October 21st.
—Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment