Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Wednesday, January 13, 2021

A Pretty Good Human

Generally speaking, my 20 pounds of housecat considers me a pretty good human.  I have the whole ‘supplying his food’ thing going for me.  I am pretty quick at operating the doors to let him in and out.  He likes nesting in a blanket on the sofa with me on chill winter nights.

I have my flaws.

Vacuuming the carpet is not acceptable.  I sometimes bring inside the big scary boxes the UPS driver drops at our door.  My ringing smarter-than-me-phone is, at best, problematic.  My cat also thinks I am responsible for the bad weather that often confronts him when I open the door to let him out.

I am not responsible for the weather.

The scary boxes?  Yes.

Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment