Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Tuesday, January 26, 2021

The Long-Distance Chef

I found an amazing chef I can consult with each night as I prepare my dinner.

It’s my girl Desiree.  My long-distance chef.

Over the last few weeks, we have been working together on the production of my meals.  Though Desiree is in Manila and I am here in Montana, we prepare and cook my meals together by means of a video chat.  While Desiree sings out her instructions and suggestions, I do my level best to follow along:

“Add half an onion.   Stir from the bottom.   Maybe taste that and see if you want to add salt.  A bit of garlic would be perfect!”

I dance along to Desiree’s cooking song—inordinately happy in doing so.  And there is a certain intimacy to our long-distance teamwork.

I don’t feel alone.

Last night we made spaghetti with spaghetti squash.  Our end product was delicious.

The process for making it was better.


  

Spaghetti Squash and Spaghetti Sauce



Spaghetti Squash

Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment