Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Tuesday, February 9, 2021

The Opposite of Cleaning the Oven

In a recent blog, I mentioned getting stuck inside due to bitterly cold weather might force me to clean my oven.  Instead of cleaning my oven yesterday, I did rather the opposite.

Our current spell of sub-zero temperatures provided a unique opportunity for me to defrost my old-timey-builds-glaciers-inside freezer.

After unplugging my freezer, I lugged my frozen whatnots and whizbangs outside to the back deck and allowed the Arctic impulse to keep them frozen while I took a run at breaking up and melting the glaciers from inside my freezer.

My chosen tools for ice removal were these: wood chisel, electrician’s hammer, and pots of heated water.  I suppose someone, a carpenter for example, might make a valid argument for using another type of hammer, but we can reserve that argument for a warmer day.

The project took something near three hours.

The real story here?  I had fun.  I got to bust-up something, make a mess that simply melted, and rock-out to music the whole time.

What’s not to like?



Goodies in Temporary Cold Storage



Getting Started



My Tools



Cleared Freezer

Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment