Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Sunday, March 6, 2022

A Stable Living Arrangement

I have been thinking.  My 20 pounds of housecat and I have been together for seventeen years now.  That equates to nearly a third of my life.  Over the stretch of years, we have eased into a stable living arrangement.  I provide what he needs and do what he wants and we are both happy.

I think Christopher Hitchens said it best:

“Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.”

Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment