Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Wednesday, March 2, 2022

Not Attractive Enough

So, this happened.  I went shopping for a few items at one of our local big box stores.  I soon found myself with questions as I studied several comparable weather sealants on a shelf before me.  Some fifteen feet or so down the aisle from me I noticed another shopper, an attractive young woman in her twenties.  She also appeared to be comparing items.

Just as I noticed the young woman, two (not one) male store employees appeared nearby and whisked right by me.  They immediately approached the young woman.  “May we help you,” one of the employees sang out.

I studied the three of them, scratching my head.

Maybe if I was ten to fifteen percent more attractive, I could have earned some assistance from at least one of the employees. 

I left the store empty-handed.

Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment