Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Friday, February 10, 2023

A Foot-Dragger

Apparently, I am a foot-dragger.  This not something I notice when walking, but my shoes – especially, my left shoe, reveal weird and noticeable wear spots on the outside of the heels.

I am posting photographs of what I call my “kick-around” shoes.  They are an older pair I wear for rough use.  I noticed the wear on my shoes when removing them after applying a whitewash stain to some window trim for our latest home improvement project.

Clearly, as revealed by the wear spots, my stride is lazy or abnormal in some manner.  Yet, I don’t notice when I am walking.

The wear on my shoe makes me wonder about other aspects of my life.  I wonder if, for example, I exhibit an equivalent of strange ‘wear patterns’ in my speech.  What shortcoming might be revealed in my sloppy and abnormal handwriting?  What weird reasoning do scuff away at without my noticing?


   

The Outsole of My “Kick-Around” Shoes



Left Shoe Wear

Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment