Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Monday, February 13, 2023

Not an Unpleasant Observation

Desiree often takes along a light snack and a bottle of water when we drive to town with several errands in mind.  The other day, she grabbed a pack of BelVita blueberry breakfast biscuits.  Naturally, I wanted to eat one within a quarter-mile of leaving the house.

After eating the biscuit, something about the taste struck me and I asked for another.

“I am going to say something weird,” I announced after munching down the second blueberry biscuit.  “To me, these BelVita’s taste exactly like the scent of a rose.  It’s the same sensation to me.”

Instead of telling me I was nutty, Desiree took a bite of one of the remaining biscuits.  After eating it, she said: “I get what you’re saying.”

In the event you are unfamiliar with BelVita biscuits, I have posted a photograph of a pack (which I am about to eat).  Try one.  I swear to you, they taste like the aroma of a rose.

This is not an unpleasant observation.



Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment