Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Thursday, February 2, 2023

Painting Skills

I put my house painting skills to the test yesterday by painting a bedroom closet.  This particular closet proved tricky because I needed to paint around three permanent woodgrain shelves and all the trim within the closet.

To begin, I spent thirty minutes applying masking tape before even lifting my paintbrush and roller.  Once I did start painting, I was enormously careful not to slop paint on the shelves and door trim.

All this while having to contort my body to work within the confines of the closet.

I can now announce that my painting project turned out perfect – not a stray drop or smudge of paint on either the shelves or trim.

But this is a Mitch story and the good news must end there.

By the time I finished the project, some three hours after starting, my hands, my face, my hair, my shirt, my pants, my shoes, and even my smartphone were covered with smears of latex paint.



Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment