Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Saturday, February 11, 2023

Cornish Game Hens (Taking Measure)

“What’s that?” Desiree asked as we pushed our shopping cart alongside a pair of frozen food coffin cases.  She stopped walking and pointed.

I laughed.  “You haven’t noticed those before?

“No.”

“Those are Cornish game hens,” I informed her.

“They are small,” she responded in a surprised-sounding tone.  “I want to try one of those.”

“I like them,” I told her.  “To me, they taste like a Hungarian partridge, one of our game birds.”

We purchased three of the frozen birds and, yesterday, Desiree baked two of them along with a mix of lemon grass and chopped vegetables.  The birds turned out spectacularly good.

I had forgotten how delicious and how small they are. 

While expressing how good the birds tasted is wholly subjective, I thought I might illustrate how small the birds are using my favored unit of measure: a Cold Smoke beer.


Taking Measure with a Cold Smoke Beer

Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment