Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Tuesday, February 7, 2023

Fake Guns are the Real Deal

Growing up and living in Montana provided me with a balanced view and understanding of firearms.  I have owned and used firearms for my entire life.  Additionally, many of my friends are gun enthusiasts and gun collectors.

I thought I held a pretty good grasp regarding the value of the more “collectable” firearms.  Not so.  While fluffing about on the internet, I chanced upon a story that shocked me.  Turns out, the real money is in fake guns.

Recently, Illinois-based Rock Island Auctions sold Han Solo's blaster from the original Star Wars trilogy for $1,057,500.

Even though I don’t need to say this, I will: That’s a lot of money for a fake gun.

The prop gun, known in Star Wars lore as a BlasTech DL-44 Heavy Blaster, was one of three used by actor Harrison Ford during the filming of 1977's Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope.  The sale price earned the blaster the title of the most expensive prop gun sold at auction.



Hans Solo’s BlasTech DL-44 Heavy Blaster

Mitchell Hegman

Source: UPI

No comments:

Post a Comment