Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Sunday, February 19, 2023

Drummond

My maternal grandfather carried the given name of George and a middle name of Drummond.  In his honor, I was given George as my middle name.

That’s good stuff and I am proud to carry his name.  In my eyes, he ranks as a real-life hero.  At the same time, I wish I was able to give his middle name to someone.

Although there was that time in 1982 when I and the sister of my then girlfriend made a snowman and named him Drummond.

The name Drummond, in my estimation, resonates with power.  It is, like my grandfather, of Scottish origin and means “ridge”.

I am thinking it is not too late for another generation to adopt the name.

Are you listening, another generation?




Drummond, 1982

Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment