Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Wednesday, May 4, 2016

George

This time of year, I think about my grandfather.  If still with us, he would now be tilling his garden and tending to starts in the warmth of his front porch.  In my mind, my grandfather did not fade away.  Instead, he walked directly into dawning light from his summer garden.
Posted today is a picture of a picture copied from a picture of my grandfather.  Though three times removed from the garden light…he is still there.













--Mitchell George Hegman

2 comments:

  1. Grandfathers are precious. My paternal grandfather gave me my first plane ride in the 1960s.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My grandfather and grandmother raised me for the age of twelve.

    ReplyDelete