Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Movie Night

Last night, following a week of clearing a roadway of downfall at my cabin with a chainsaw, working with metal, killing noxious weeds, and watching documentaries on serial killers, I gave into my softer urges.

I watched one of those Hallmarky-type romance movies.

You know the type—a widowed and heartbroken women and her two young kids are forced to move to a small town out of their element.  In the small town, the woman meets a rugged (and inordinately handsome) but brooding man.

The movie followed a predictable formula.  The man irritates the woman at first, but the kids see a good side in the man.  There is a social gathering and dance where the man and woman surprise themselves by enjoying a slow and swishing trip across the floor.  And by the end of the movie unicorns are running along the of tops of rainbows and prancing through clouds and…

and…

and Mitch is forced to sleeve away tears.

Jeez.

I need to get back out there with my chainsaw as soon as possible.

Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment