Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Sunday, August 9, 2020

Social Distancing in Perfect Places

The Wedll family drove up for a night of camping just outside my cabin door.  Becky is a first cousin once removed, or, as we say in East Helena where she lives, she is my cousin’s daughter.  We socially distanced, but still managed a pleasant walk in the woods (with a few huckleberries).  We also had some great burgers cooked on a camp stove near my fire pit.

“This is how I always imagined time at the cabin,” I remarked to Becky as we sat near the fire.

The only strange part was not sharing my cabin spaces with anyone.  On a normal year we would have all been in the cabin.  But the Wedlls have been cautious throughout the Covid pandemic.  The 60ish miles the family drove from East Helena to my cabin was, according to John, the longest drive they have taken since the very beginning of the Covid outbreak in late January. 

I really appreciate that.

Mostly I appreciate the time we managed at the cabin.  The cabin provides good places for distancing.  Perfect places.


The Wedll Family

Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment