Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Thursday, August 27, 2020

Strange Colors

Last night, as I sat on my sofa watching television, the light around me began to soften and yellow all around me.  The quality of light continued to change as, outside my house, the sky and entire landscape surrounding my house took on strange colors.  The cured prairie grasses turned orange.  The sky in the south turned deep blue.  The northern skies yellowed.

Though not a particularly gorgeous sunset, something about it drew me out the door.

Outside, I could almost feel the strange colors.  Maybe the “feel” of it can be attributed to the palpable change of higher humidity ushered in by an invading cloud front, or the smoke from California wildfires ghosting across the mountain ranges.

The sunset felt, for lack of a better word, heavy.

Though they fail to accurately convey the odd (if not overwhelming) feel of the sunset, I am posting photographs I captured before we fell into darkness.


Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment