Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Friday, August 20, 2021

A Thought Stream

All day, ravens have been crashing up against the low clouds.  Now the clouds look ragged and bruised.

No matter what you claim, I know ravens are only a little smart.  They can be fooled.  They are convinced, for example, the reflection on the moon a lake is as real as the one in the sky.

For some reason, that reminds me of the time a kid I knew swallowed pretty rock because he thought it would make him more valuable.

Sometimes, we seem awash with silly ideas.

And I have two questions:

First, why does snow smell so much better than rain?

Second, is kindness more important than hard work?

I suppose neither question will garner a satisfactory answer and, in the end, I will be happy if a bunch of small birds mob the ravens and chase them the hell away. 

Mitchell Hegman

1 comment:

  1. Is kindness more important than hard work? For me, yes. Hard work does not always benefit another. Kindness almost always does.

    ReplyDelete