Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Tuesday, August 17, 2021

A Heart-Shaped Rock

In the long run, rocks can be distilled down to only two types: heart-shaped rocks and rocks that are not shaped like hearts.

It really is that simple.

I am a collector of rocks.  Always have been.  I constantly look for rocks as I walk through this world.  Over the years, I have found my share of heart-shaped rocks and dragged them home.  

Posted today is a photograph of my favorite heart rock.  This rock exhibits a shape somewhere between that of an actual heart and the cartoonish version of a heart.  Something about the shape and coloring of this rock particularly appeals to me.

I like the rock so much, I need to give it to someone.

Today, in digital form, I give this rock to my Desiree with all appropriate love (and more) attached.  And on the day when Desiree finally arrives here in Montana, I shall place it in her palm.



Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment