Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Friday, August 27, 2021

Start to Finish

In September of 1991, Dave Gruber and crew laid the brick wainscot around my house.  Yesterday, almost exactly thirty years later, Dave Gruber and crew laid the brick around the knee wall supporting my sunroom glass.

The structural and exterior work on my sunroom is now complete.

It’s fitting to complete this project using the same brick I removed as the first step in the process of adding my sunroom.  Moreover, it’s deeply satisfying to complete the project with the help of the same contractor and friend who laid the brick when I first built the house.



Brick in Front, 1991



Sunroom, August of 2021



Dave, September of 1991



George, August of 2021



Sunroom End Wall, 2021

Mitchell Hegman

1 comment: