Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Tuesday, August 3, 2021

Love and Rain

Yesterday, finally, the first rain reached my house.  It has been two hot months without moisture.

The rain fell for several minutes, thrumming down through my rain gutters and ushering forth the scent of the prairie sagebrush, cured grass, and earth.

Rain is life.

As good fortune would have it, the rain fell while I was video chatting with Desiree in the Philippines.

Vital these: love and rain.

After standing on the porch to watch the rain with Desiree, the thought occurred: “Des,” I announced, “We need to experience our first rain in the sunroom!”

“Yes,” she answered.

Off to the sunroom I pranced with my smarter-than-me-phone held before me.  Together, by means ten-thousand various modern inventions, we shared the first rainwater streaming down the glass of my new sunroom.

The rain did not last long, but it was worthy of celebration.



First Rain on the Sunroom Glass

—Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment