Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Monday, November 27, 2023

Another Guinness World Record

Years ago, I tried my hand at crocheting. My efforts lasted for something around thirty to forty seconds. Between the hook and the yarn, I was all thumbs. I learned at that time that I can unravel with the best of them, but stitching is not my thing.

For me, thirty or so seconds of crocheting proved enough for a lifetime. Not so for Alessandra Hayden of Gig Harbor, Washington. Back in early November, Alessandra shattered the Guinness World Record for the longest marathon crocheting. Okay, “shattered” may be too strong a word for a crocheting record. Let’s go with “piffed.” She piffed the world record.

Anyhow, to reach the new record, Alessandra worked her yarn for 34 hours, seven minutes. After her long hours, she produced a blanket. That’s at least more rewarding and practical than breaking the record for placing snails on your face. If you want to take a run at that one, you will need to place more than 43 snails on your face and keep them there for 10 seconds.

I am a little interested in that one.

Source and Photo: UPI

—Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment