Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Monday, November 20, 2023

Hoya Watering System

We have “his” and “hers” houseplants in our home. What that really means is that I had six plants before Desiree landed here in Montana. These are the “his” plants, and I continue to care for them. Since her arrival, Desiree has added some 12 to 15 thousand new plants (at least it seems like that many). These are the “hers” plants, and Desiree has assumed care of them.

Yesterday was watering day for the “his” plants. In a recent installment of this blog, I mentioned that my hoya (a “his” plant) is undergoing a tremendous growth stage right now. What I neglected to mention is that the hoya’s vines have completely sheathed the planter. The vines are so intertwined and tough to spread apart that I had to invent a watering system to reach the soil in the planter. I went with something simple: a long funnel.

I am sharing two photographs featuring my hoya watering system:

The Hoya with the Funnel in Place
Me and My Funnel

—Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment