Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Saturday, July 6, 2024

Posters

By most accounts, the best-selling poster of all time is the iconic 1976 image of Farrah Fawcett in a red swimsuit. The poster, which features the actress and model at age 29 in a red one-piece bathing suit, sold over 12 million copies. This image quickly became a cultural phenomenon and is considered a defining piece of 1970s pop culture.

Interestingly, I was at the height of my poster-posting era at the same time, but I did not purchase a Farrah Fawcett poster. I stuck with more attainable things in my array of posters: artwork from record albums, M.C. Escher prints, and random photographs I liked.

Years later, a friend of mine found a sexy life-size cut-out of Salma Hayek (a solid crush of mine) and gave it to me. I really wanted to put Salma in the living room, but my wife said Salma would have to stay in the garage. I kept her there, along with my carpentry tools and stacks of building materials, for several years.

I am sharing the Farrah Fawcett poster along with something from my 1970s stuff and a picture of Salma Hayek for reference.

Farrah Fawcett

Dark Side of the Moon

Salma Hayek

—Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment