Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Friday, July 26, 2024

A Rock of Known Value

Generally speaking, I think I love rocks more than the next guy. I started collecting rocks as soon as I could clutch my hands, and I have been collecting ever since. Just yesterday, I picked up a thirty-dollar rock. Well, technically, the tire of my car picked up the rock.

For a rock to be properly and permanently collected by the tire of your car, it needs to fully penetrate the tire, which this rock did. In piercing the tire, the rock began a slow process of deflating the tire in question. Fortunately, I made it to the nearest tire shop before the tire went entirely flat. Thirty dollars later, I left with a repaired tire and a rock in my hand. Though the rock is neither pretty nor unique, I will be adding it to my collection as a matter of principle.

My Thirty-Dollar Rock

Proof of Value


—Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment