Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Saturday, January 20, 2018

The Television Learning Curve

The learning curve often is strewn with sticky notes, legal pad pages filled with sentence fragments, and wads of crumpled false-starts.
Each of us seems to have a blind spot on the learning curve.
Me?  You could teach me to both recall and properly tell the very same joke for several hours.  You could include instructive videos, a pop quiz, and two practice sessions.  But in two weeks, if you asked me to tell the joke, I would be shooting blanks.
Jokes don’t stick to me.
My sister, Deb, has an equivalent struggle when it comes to the operation of a smart television with more than one input.
Yesterday, she and my brother-in-law came out to my house so I could give her a rundown on how to operate our new television.  She will be watching the house and caring for my 20 pounds of housecat while that girl and I travel to Aruba for a stay on the island. 
Things did not go exceptionally well at first.  At one point, I had to stop and hug my brother-in-law…just because.  After a few practice sessions and a series of notes, my sister managed to access the Blu-ray player, the sound bar, Netflix, and the satellite feed we use out here in the hinterlands.
I will admit, our television control is a bit daunting.  Four remotes are required for all that she wants to do.  I have posted a photograph of the methodology my sister finally developed for managing the television.
I think she has this!


-- Mitchell Hegman    

2 comments: