Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Thursday, December 3, 2020

A Conversation with My Cat

I have lived with cats for something near 33 years at this point.  In more recent years, I have taken up one of their habits: the catnap thing.

A good habit, that.

At the same time, I am trying to get my cat to stop freaking out and bolting off to hide when the UPS truck arrives with stuff from Amazon.

“Dude,” I told my cat the other day, “the UPS guy is here at least twice a week.  You know the sound of his van.  He even brings your food now.  And has he ever busted into the house to chase you down?”

I stared at my cat.

My cat stared back at me.

“No, Splash, he has never busted in the house to get you.”

That same night, I had a dream in which I bumped into an elk that could speak English.  Probably, I should quit talking to my cat.

Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment