Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Monday, December 28, 2020

This, I Will Not Eat

I have eaten bugs before.  I ate a fried coconut grub in Vietnam.  During high school, I ate a few flies I plucked off the windows in Senior Hall.  As a kid, I ate ants now and then.

Ants, by the way, taste like lemons.

I mention the “bug” thing in light of a burger I recently read about.  I would eat bugs again, but I would never eat this particular burger.

The burger is being sold at McDonald’s outlets in China as part of a limited series of “members only” promotions.  The sandwich is made of two slices of Spam, a layer of Oreo cookies, all topped with a generous serving of mayonnaise.



Mitchell Hegman

Source: huffpost.com

No comments:

Post a Comment