Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Monday, December 7, 2020

My Best Question

I have been putting together a few multiple-choice questions for the purpose of updating a set of practice exams I created as part of a preparation course for electricians wishing to take the master electrician licensing exam here in Montana.

Writing multiple-choice questions is far more difficult than I ever imagined.

Fashioning the question and the correct answer is a cinch.  Supplying three distractors (incorrect answers) is often extremely difficult.  The problem is making sure the distractors seem plausible.  I have struggled, literally, for hours with some questions.

I believe I finally drafted the perfect question. 

Here, then, my beautiful question:

1.      In a capacitive circuit, as frequency is increased, the current will __________.

a.      ____ increase

b.      ____ decrease

c.       ____ remain the same

d.      ____ transform into a delicious chocolate treat

Mitchell Hegman

NOTE: For those of you outside my field, the correct answer is “increase.”

No comments:

Post a Comment