Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Thursday, December 17, 2020

Survival in the Arctic

I am watching another series about survivalists.  In this series, Alone, ten survivalists are plopped down in the Arctic at the beginning of autumn.  Each participant is allowed to bring 10 items from a list of 40.  Firearms are excluded from the list.

Last person standing wins.

These programs fascinate me to no end.  I enjoy watching to see how each participant’s strategy pays off as time drags on.  Everything matters.   Shelter type.  Hunting strategy.  Success in starting and maintaining fires.   Mental fortitude.

I am a few episodes in and two participants have tapped out within a few days of their arrival.

I have my own strategy for binge-watching: Drag my 20 pounds of housecat onto my lap and tell him how I would survive.

“I wouldn’t,” I tell him.

Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment