Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Tuesday, April 12, 2022

So Long, Buddy

Yesterday afternoon, a veterinarian came to my house to help my cat, Splash, exit this place of light and windblown grass.

He didn’t appreciate the wind anyway.

But we had a good run, me and my boy.  I helped him catch a mouse now and then.  I opened his cans of food in a satisfactory manner.  And I was pretty quick at the back door.

Splash provided me with purring and company when I needed it.

We had sixteen good years together.  Not bad for a couple knotheads.

So long, Splash.

So long, Buddy.

Love ya.



Splash

—Mitchell Hegman

4 comments:

  1. Oh Splash. I am so sorry for your loss, he was truly a fine cat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now Splash and Carmel must be having a fun reunion in cat heaven. I am sorry for your loss Mitch. I know how much Splash meant to you. Aloha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Splash was my boy. Thanks for your thoughts.

      Delete