Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Monday, April 4, 2022

The Job Isn’t Finished Until the Butterflies Are Fixed in Place

Thanks to a helping hand from my brother-in-law, Terry, I finally replaced the last of my home’s original windows.  I completed quite a bit of preparation before Terry arrived.  As soon as he appeared, I finished sawing free the last corner of the old window and we removed it.

Within an hour or so, we completed fastening the new window in place.

We followed that with a celebratory beer (Terry’s of the non-alcohol variety).

At my house, a window project isn’t finished until stickers have been affixed to the glass to discourage birds from crashing into the reflections of sky.  Odd as this may be, I make a habit of always keeping a modest stock of stickers for my windows on hand. 

After Terry and I finished our beers, I fixed a few stickers on the window.  For this window: butterflies.



Old Window Gone



New Window in Place



Butterfly Stickers From the Inside



Single Butterfly

—Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment