Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Saturday, September 10, 2022

The Big Splat

I am about to give you the answer to a question.  Before I do, I will give you a moment to grab a pencil and a sheet of paper so you can jot it down.

Okay, now that you are back, let’s go for it.

The answer is: Mitch Hegman

And the question is: What kind of moron knocks a bottle of red wine off an open endcap display and splats the contents across the floor at the grocery store.

Weirdly enough, the bottle bounced once (in rubber ball fashion) before shattering.

Immediately after breaking the bottle, I ran down the nearest store employee and pointed out the mess.  “I will pay for the wine,” I told the man.  “It’s alcohol abuse…and someone should pay.”

“No need,” he assured me.

“Are you sure?”

“I’m sure.”

“Okay.  Thank you.  My apologies.”



A Big Wine Splat (with a Skylight Reflection)


The Guilty Party

Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment