Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Saturday, September 24, 2022

A Weird Sky

Desiree and I are at the cabin.  While we will make a few more day trips up here before the winter snows push us aside entirely, this marks the last of our sleepovers for the season.

We celebrated last evening by making smores with white chocolate.  After the campfire laid down, we spent the rest of the night sitting in the cabin, chatting.  A remarkable sky fell across our notch valley as darkness seeped into the mountains around us.  The purple colors and weird quality of light drew us outside for one last time.

“This even feels weird,” I remarked to Desiree as I pranced out to capture a few images of her on the deck.

Though I cannot fully explain this, the colors were so thick all around me, they almost possessed a textural feel.  I experienced the sensation of being inside a big handsome building rather than being outside.

And I felt warm.

The colors and sensations lasted no more than a minute or two before full darkness impressed itself on us.



Desiree on the Deck



A Weird Sky



Making Smores

Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment