Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Friday, September 30, 2022

Someone at Our Door

Upon returning home from a walk down our country road, Desiree and I found someone at our front door.

I noticed our visitor before Desiree did.  I pointed.  “Look,” I said, “we have a snake at the door.   It’s a bullsnake.”

I think snakes are exceptionally cool.  Watching how they use their entire length to climb or whip away amazes me.  Honestly, they don’t trouble me in the slightest.  I am happy to host them on my property.  Desiree, bless her island girl soul, is willing to play along with me in this regard.

Before carefully urging the snake away from our front door so we could go our separate ways, I captured a few photographs.



At the Door



Bunched Up



Stretched up in the Corner

Mitchell Hegman

2 comments:

  1. You are both far better people than I will ever be! I would have lit out of there like fire!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sincerely like snakes. Desiree falls more into your category.

      Delete