Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Tuesday, May 2, 2023

Taking Measure

In May of 2014, I began writing the first draft of a book that details the functions and uses of digital multimeters (DMMs). Weirdly enough, I really enjoy using and talking about DMMs. In addition to writing the book, titled 'Taking Measure', I developed in-person training and various lab sessions to demonstrate DMM measurement procedures and possible pitfalls.

Much of the work in the book, including layout, illustrations, and editing, is thanks to the efforts of John (Jug) Jones and High Mark Media. Yesterday, we launched several social media platforms and 'went live' with sales of 'Taking Measure'. Here we are: two kids from East Helena with a book.

Dragging 'Taking Measure' to the finish line proved much more difficult than I ever imagined. In addition to the book, John and I have produced dozens of videos to accompany the written word.

Take a glance at (and purchase a copy of) 'Taking Measure' at www.takingmeasure.net. Also, find and follow 'Taking Measure' on Facebook.



Taking Measure

Mitchell Hegman

2 comments:

  1. I guess I better upgrade to a digital multi- meter. I have been using a dial (analog?) meter all these years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I think you need an upgrade! Haha. And a copy of Taking Measure!

    ReplyDelete