Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Friday, May 26, 2023

Our Cousin (The Banana)

As near as I can tell, our nearest relative in the fruit section of your local grocery is the banana. I say this after having spent a good three or four minutes scouring the internet for information in this regard.

While it might seem surprising, humans and bananas share approximately 50% of their DNA. I am a bit unsure as to whether I should be alarmed or comforted by sharing so much of my makeup with any kind of fruit, and I wonder what exactly we are sharing.

Maybe when I walk into a room for something (as I just did) and then realize I forgot why I went in there... maybe that's banana stuff. Or when I'm not strong enough to lift something.

On the other hand, what about banana sundaes?



Mitchell Hegman

Image: rastaimposta.com

No comments:

Post a Comment