Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Thursday, May 18, 2023

Entering Yellowstone Park

Desiree and I drove to Mammoth Hot Springs in Yellowstone National Park yesterday afternoon. We stayed overnight in Gardiner, and today I am teaching a class about significant changes in the 2020 edition of the National Electrical Code for the park electricians.

Oddly enough, I enjoy the Code in much the same way I enjoy poetry, and I really enjoy teaching the crew in Yellowstone. But this trip is most notable because Desiree is seeing the park for the very first time. As we were driving over Bozeman Pass and taking in the scenery, she announced, “I love Montana.”

“Glad to hear that,” I responded. 'I love it, too.'

On Friday, we will be driving through the park and exiting by way of West Yellowstone. I am hoping for a lot of encounters with game on the way through.

Today, I have posted two photographs taken when we entered the park.



Desiree at Roosevelt Arch



The Two of Us

Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment