Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Sunday, May 21, 2023

For Every Picture There is a Longer Video

I have always been fond of cameras and taking pictures. I talked my parents into providing me with a cheap Kodak camera even before reaching my teens. A quality 35mm SLR camera was one of the first major purchases I made when I started earning decent wages. I soon followed with my own darkroom equipment for processing black and white photographs. I have been busy taking pictures ever since.

Desiree is different. She has gravitated solidly to capturing videos. She is every bit as dedicated to that craft as I am to mine. I will admit, I enjoy the videos and often encourage her to capture things as I stand beside her taking photographs.

On our drive back home from Yellowstone National Park, we found ourselves on the road for twelve hours. If you do the math on that, you would figure Desiree might be able to video... maybe... something close to twelve hours of video if she captured everything. I swear to you, she somehow managed to get fifteen hundred hours of video on the drive. And that isn't counting all of the fuzzy bison videos.

Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment