Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Saturday, May 6, 2023

Formatting Errors

I regularly skirmish with electronic devices and the associated software. For the last four days, I have been in a battle like no other.

I purchased a small twenty-four-dollar label printer – a device capable of connecting with either a computer or smartphone. Thinking I would prefer to work from my computer, I downloaded the proper driver and thought I might print a practice label.

I'll be brief here: nope.

An error popup appeared when I clicked on the label maker icon. After a chat with tech support here in the USA, a three-day string of emails with China, and multiple downloads, my computer continued providing the same error.

Near the end of day three, I downloaded an app to my smartphone and took a swing at connecting with that. Surprisingly, the printer and phone are on speaking terms, but print formatting is evading me thus far.

I have posted a photograph of my best work thus far. You may be able to make out my name in the upper right.  I must admit, this is the most frustrating twenty-four-dollar expenditure I have ever made.



My Best Label to Date

Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment