Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Saturday, May 27, 2023

Refrigerator Proud

I've seen my share of teenagers crashing. I'm talking about kids becoming wrecks emotionally, falling in with a bad crowd, or diving deep into drugs and alcohol. Too many fail to graduate from high school.

I have witnessed this in my friends, the children of my friends, and now the grandchildren of my friends. I thought about this the other day as I affixed the graduation announcement for a friend's daughter to my refrigerator with a magnet. I have likely hung several dozen of these on my refrigerator over the years.

But this felt different, not as perfunctory as all the previous times. Honestly, I felt righteously proud posting the graduation notice. Not just good stuff, this. Great stuff.

Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment