Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Friday, May 5, 2023

My List of Worries About Artificial Intelligence

A lot of knowledgeable people are sounding alarms on the potential dangers posed by Artificial Intelligence (AI).  Not least among these is the fear AI will deem humans “the enemy” and wipe us out.  Following is my own list of worries about AI:

  • I worry that AI will conjure up a valid reason for a second scientific study to determine if flies conduct a loop or side-roll to land on the ceiling.
  • AI could produce a bunch of robots to scour the Earth and pick up all the good rocks before I get there.
  • A nefarious AI may deem my entire cluster of computer and smartphone passwords as invalid.
  • What if, using the influence of all media, AI made disco music popular again?
  • Spiders.  AI has the capability to turn every icon I interact with into crawling spider icons.
  • Sociologists fear AI could create a new religion and draw in masses of adherents.  Imagine a popular faith invented by machines.    

Mitchell Hegman 

No comments:

Post a Comment